How do I read my Smart meter?
When reading smart meters, you should be looking for digits followed by "kWh" for Electricity reads, and "m3/ft3" for Gas reads.
For standard Smart electricity meters;
These meters can only get one reading
- Press 9 on the keypad.
- You should then see the words "IMP KWH".
- Following this, you should then see a series of digits followed by "kWh" at the bottom of the screen.
- This figure is your reading
For economy 7 Smart electricity meters;
These meters can get two readings - on day/peak and one night/off-peak.
- Press 6 on the key pad
- Keep an eye on your meter screen as it will likely cycle through a serious of words e.g "Act rate" Using now"
- Keep watching until you see the words "IMP R01" followed by a series of digits. This is your night/off-peak readings.
- You should then see "IMP R02" followed by a series of digits. This is your day/on-peak reading.
- If your unable to get your IMP R02 readings right away - after pressing 6 and getting IMP R01, repeatedly pressing 6 again should prompt IMP R02 to display.
For smart Gas meters
- Press 9 on the keypad
- Your screen should display the word "Volume'
- You will then see a series of digits followed by 'm3' or 'ft3' at the bottom right of the screen.
- This figure is your latest reading.