Category Your Meter
10 Articles

I think my meter is broken. What should I do?

If your meter looks dangerous or is a risk, such as smoking or sparking, then you should contact 105. You will be put through to your local electricity network operator who will be able to help you. Please note that should you call Yorkshire Energy with this matter, we will need to direct you.


If your meter poses a risk to your life, such as a fire, then consider also calling the emergency services (999).


Meter faults don’t happen very often, if you think your meter may be faulty, or if you feel something isn't looking right, give us a call and we'll be able to help on 01134510700.