Category Complaints
1 Articles

I'd like to make a complaint

Help us to help you

We work hard to ensure that your experience with us is as smooth as possible. Unfortunately, sometimes things go wrong. To be open and simple, we have developed a complaints procedure that will be followed every time.

If you’re not happy with anything from Yorkshire Energy, please contact our customer service team straight away and we’ll do everything we can to help. We will try to solve your problem the first time you contact us.

How to make a complaint

Firstly, please contact our customer service team – you can get someone else to do this for you if you wish by simply adding them to your account. 

You can contact us by emailing us at, please insert 'Complaint and your account number' into the subject heading. Or you can call us between the hours of 9AM-5:00PM Monday to Friday on 01134510700.

We will endeavour to resolve your complaint on your first contact with us, however, we’ll keep in touch with you regularly so that you know exactly what we are doing to resolve your complaint.

Remedies to your complaint

There are a number of remedies you can expect as an outcome of your complaint, these include the following:

  • We’ll recognise any mistakes we have made.
  • We’ll provide an explanation of why things didn’t go to plan
  • We’ll take relevant action to fix any issues
  • Where appropriate we may pay you some financial compensation.


If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction you can ask to discuss this with a senior member of the Yorkshire Energy team.

We aim to respond to you within five working days of when you contact us with a written reply setting out how we propose to resolve your complaint.

If you are not happy with how we handle your complaint you can ask us to conduct an internal review on how your complaint was managed. A member of the team will contact you as soon as possible to ask some questions and obtain information for that review.

If your complaint is still not resolved

If you are still not satisfied with the response we have given you and we have told you that we can’t do anything further to resolve your complaint, you can request that we issue a letter called a “Deadlock Letter”.  This is written confirmation from us that we have been unable to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction despite our best efforts.  Once we have agreed to provide a Deadlock Letter you can then refer your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman.

If we have been unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within eight weeks of when you first contacted us. You can still refer your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman even if we have not provided deadlock letter.

Energy Ombudsman

If you do not feel that we have resolved your complaint to your satisfaction and eight weeks have passed since the date you originally raised the complaint with us or if we have told you that there is nothing further that we can do to resolve the complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman.

The Energy Ombudsman can be contacted using the details shown below:

0330 440 1624 or

Ombudsman Services: 3300 Daresbury Park, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4HS.

The Energy Ombudsman is an independent service provided free of charge which resolves customer complaints in an impartial manner.  Once a complaint has been referred to the Energy Ombudsman, it then investigates the issue in partnership with both you and us.  You do not have to follow what the Energy Ombudsman decides, and you can still seek further advice if you wish.

The Energy Ombudsman can issue a decision which is binding on us requiring us to provide either an apology, an explanation, a service or action that benefits you and possibly to pay you compensation.

Independent Advice

The Citizens Advice Energy service provides free, confidential and impartial advice on any issues you may have in relation to your energy supply. 

Citizens Advice can be contacted using the details shown below:

0808 223 1133 or