I'm concerned I won't be able to pay my bill
We understand that our customers may face financial difficulties and would like to offer support and assistance during difficult times to try and find solutions. If you’re worried about paying your bills, please get in touch with us via email@example.com or or by calling 0113 451 0700 – we’re here to help!
Things we can do to help:
- You may be able to reduce your usage and, in turn, your monthly bills by simply being more energy efficient in your home. You can read more about how to save energy here.
- We may be able to offer alternative payment methods and plans to suit your situation. This could be a short-term delay of payment for a specified period or agreeing to a regular installment plan.
- We can refer you to several organisations and schemes out there who may be able to help you, including Step Change and Citizens advice.
- Step Change offers help to thousands of individuals each week. You can call them on 0800 138 1111, try their debt remedy tool, or their 60 second debt test.
- Citizens Advice is an impartial Government service, created to help you make the right decisions when struggling with debt. You can view their debt page here.
What happens if you don’t pay and we don’t hear from you:
In exceptional circumstances, where we have exhausted all options available, we may consider disconnecting the energy supply to your property. Please note, we will never do this to customers on our Priority Services Register.
For further 3rd party help and advice, please see the following organisations below.
Debt Advice Foundation
Remember, we are here to help! Contact us on 0113 451 0700 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.